Harry will soon be en route to Oman and the United Arab Emirates. While the Oman invitation was extended His Majesty Sultan Qaboos bin Said al Said, their Royal Highnesses will likely not have the opportunity to shoot the shit over cocktails. Unfortunately, due to ill health, The Sultan has had to cancel his engagements with Prince Harry. Both parties are still keen for Harry to follow through on the visit, which will now likely be equal parts personal and official duty. After spending time in Oman, the white pants will break free and take to the polo field in Abu Dhabi for the Sentebale Polo Cup.
Harry’s “official” schedule is as follows, below. Unofficial shenanigans will likely be reported in due course.
• The Sultan’s first cousin will meet Prince Harry at Muscat International Airport. *Enter handshakes + other posh people, customary + cultural greetings and formalities.*
• Harry hits up the British Embassy in Muscat. *Enter more handshakes + other posh people, customary + cultural greetings and formalities. Maybe a glass of scotch.*
• Guaranteed front page photo op: Artisan market, sword dances, tour + history lesson at Nizwa Fort.
• Visit to the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque in Muscat. Considering the spiritual / religious nature of the Mosque, photos may or may not be admissible. If they are, this will likely be another front page worthy photo op.
• Private engagements at the invitation of the Royal Court of Oman. Potential for shenanigans.
On November 20, Prince Harry will travel to Abu Dhabi for horses, hats and white pants. After taking part in the Sentebale Polo Cup, and post math reception at Ghantoot Racing and Polo Club, Harry will attend a Sentebale Charity Dinner. Look for photos of ultra glam women, and tuxedo clad men.
Keep up to date on Harry’s visit to Oman and the UAE with @HWalesWire.